Book a full day visit for you group!
We welcome you to the museum Somme 1916 to help you discover the Battle of the Somme and plunge into the history of the First World War.
Through a discovery day, our guides will introduce you to the museum and the battlefield by accompanying you on your bus, you’ll travel the roads of our countryside to discover monuments, craters or trenches .. Incredible sites that will make you relive the dark hours of the Battle of the Somme.
Example of a day program:
Our guide board your bus and takes you to visit the iconic sites of the Battle of the Somme.
The classic 2h30 circuit includes: the La Boisselle mine crater, the Franco-British memorial in Thiepval and the Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Park.
There are several guided tours with other sites to visit + info at the booking service.
Return to the museum in one of our air-conditioned rooms to have your meal. We offer you several possibilities:
– We put at your disposal a free room (free for a full day reserved) to take your picnic (possibility to reserve pack lunch at the museum for 6.50 €).
– possibility to book a restaurant (information and list on request)
- self guided-visit
- book a guided visit ( 25 pax/ group – booking 7 days before ) – nearly 1 hour
We suggest you to extend the discovery of our city of Albert through the Albert Tourism Office by visiting:
– The basilica Notre Dame de Brebières
-By viviting the bell tower of the basilica
– A visit of the city on the theme of art deco
Few photos from our groups visit!